Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So Here I am...at the Crosshairs

So, recapping on my last month....

1) I ran another 1/2 marathon, The Gasparilla, and PR'ed (personal record), by 41 seconds.  Eh, thought I was going to do better, but if you read three posts ago, you will see I had "issues."  But there is another one in the works....and yes, my goal is to sub-2 hours, but it would be difficult to shave off 19 minutes from my time....but try I will.

2) I was coerced to run another 5k (The Oldsmar Armadillo 5k) the weekend right after Gasparilla, and *woo hoo!* I broke the 10 second curse and finally did a sub-30 minute 5k, at 27 min. and 53 seconds! FINALLY, now what stinks is that I want to now break that record....I aim for a 25 minute 5k.  Never happy....for long.

3) I went skiing for the first time in Maine, not an impressive first time because I was too chicken to attempt any more difficult slopes other than the bunny or the smaller blues.  I was ok with that.  Three days of skiing and was good enough. But I am still alive, ACLs intact and walking on twos without any apparatus....so 'nuff said.

So...what's next for this girl?  Oh yeah...ta-Ta-TUM!!!

Iron Girl's Logo
 grr....

Yes, I feel like a bad-ass.  Iron + Girl - Dang! Who wouldn't?!

So, Sunday, April 22nd at 7:30 a.m., is my big day and I am hoping to kick some major bootay.   Training is coming along after a two week hiatus.  So come on sub-2 hour goal....which would be nice (that is my mental goal) but I put down 2:05 as my official goal!!!  It is my final 1/2 marathon this Spring before my Chicago 26.2 Full in October.  On my birthday!  *woo - hoo!*

courtesy of coloradorunningmagazine.com
SO EXCITED!!!!
I may have to find one more 1/2 marathon before October as my training suggests that at week 9, I need to run one.  But in 9 weeks, I am dreading the Florida heat as we are in the mid-80s now and quite the sticky, humid kinda-heat.  Aww man, thinking about it, it looks like we will be smack in the middle of June....ugh, bring on the swelter!  Usually races in Florida during the hot months revolve around some body of water to cool you off, so I am hoping a half running through a river, in the shady woods is in the works 9 weeks from now.  I have not found one yet, but trust you me, the running fanatics out there will create one.


ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, I LEAVE YOU WITH A CUTE PICTURE.....


Wha? Wha? Wat-chu-talking 'bout Willis?


This is Simon.  He is a cat I am fostering right now.  Not all that ready to replace the cat of my life Hootie that passed away in February hence the fostering status...BUT, Simon was there at Hootie's veterinarian's office each time I took him in.  Apparently, this cat, Simon, has been dumped there FIVE times by different owners in 2 months because he was "aggressive".  It just so happens that each time I went to the vet, he was just returned because of his "crazy" nature.  So my vet who indicated "he is a declawed 15 lb cat that wants to play, a bit rough, but he does not know any better"  said that unless she was able to place him one more time, he was basically labeled aggressive and that does not bid well for his future...actually he would not have a future....he would have had to be euthanized.  He was already picked up once by Animal Control and was labeled the same.  So the sucker that I am for the underdogs or "cats",   I offered to take him in and evaluate.  He has been with me for a month....and he has been AWESOME - as a declawed Siamese can be.  He cuddles and does get on the key board while I am typing this and keeps pressing his forehead on my face because he seeks attention and a cuddle.  Yep, such an aggressive beast.  I will keep you guys posted.  Oh and by the way, NEVER declaw cats, it is just awful....and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment